Sunday, April 17, 2011

Carrete en el campo!

This weekend I was invited by Natalia (who was invited by her Chilean pololo, Francisco) to go to a party in "el campo." El campo means the country, and santiaguinos use it to refer to any place that is not in the city. Going to el campo is extremely popular for the weekends since most love breaks from the crowded metro and smog.

This place wasn't too far by car and we got there early so Francisco could help set up. It was perfect to be outside in the woods with a system of speakers blasting music. As soon as the party got going I was having the time of my life. Even before the party picked up I was having fun with the wonderful group of gringos. I talked with a lot of Chileans throughout the night and between the pisco and the Spanish I was constantly reminded that I am in an amazing country =)

We crashed in a tent, made for four but let's just say Natalia is small and we like to cuddle. Though I might have drooled on Cody's back and Natalia's arm during the night, I got a good sleep after dancing myself to absolute exhaustion. I woke up in the early morning in that awkward light right before the sun comes out, and it was a perfect moment where I was warm from all the spooning and cold from the morning air and just so content to be exactly where I was. I was feeling appreciative the whole night.

I can't say I'm equally as appreciative and happy about the tests I have coming up this week, but I'm cutting the week short and heading to Pucon in just 3 days! My life is marvelous.
We're outdoorsy for sure. And should also be models.

The creators of our humble abode proud of their accomplishment

I CAN ALWAYS SEE THE MOUNTAINS AND IT IS AWESOMEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment